Father-of-two stabbed to death in quiet village as woman arrested

A father-of-two has been stabbed to death just days after celebrating Christmas with his family. Paul Hanson, 54, was found with a fatal stab wound and rushed to hospital on Wednesday December 28 but later died of his injuries. Police were called to the large £250K white-washed property in the quiet village of West Cowick, near Goole, East Yorks, at around 7.15pm. A 53-year-old woman, who detectives said was known to Mr. Hanson, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of murder. She remains in police custody.

Police said there was no risk to the wider community after the incident and officers were working to establish what happened that evening.

Forensic teams were seen searching the property and a Christmas tree could still be seen decorated by a door leading into the home. A VW convertible was parked on the driveway.

Neighbors said Mr Hanson was a doting father and grandfather who was happy to stop for a chat in the street, the Hull Daily Mail reports.

It’s understood Mr Hanson had been celebrating the festive season at the nearby Snaith Christmas Market days earlier with his wife and daughter.

Residents said the Hanson family had lived in the area for around three or four years and Mr Hanson would often be seen going to work in his van in the morning.

One neighbor said he would often chat with Paul and his family and knew his grown-up children.

He said: “They were a really lovely family. They would always stop and speak, they are quite well-known in this village.

“They have been here a few years and were recently doing the house up and spent Christmas with their family.”

It is believed that Mr. Hanson worked in the construction industry. Humberside Police said: “A man who sustained a fatal stab wound at a property in West Cowick on Wednesday 28 December has been named by his family as Paul Hanson, aged 54.

“We were called to reports of an injured male at a property on Little London Way, West Cowick in Snaith at 7.15pm.

“Paul was taken to hospital to receive medical treatment, but sadly he died shortly afterwards. A woman, aged 53 was arrested on suspicion of murder and currently remains in police custody whilst we continue with lines of enquiry.

“Paul’s family continues to be supported by specialist trained officers and have asked for privacy at this time.”

Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Burnett added: “We understand that news of a tragic incident such as this will cause shock and concern to people in the village and surrounding areas.

“However, I wish to reassure people that this was an isolated incident between people who were known to each other and, as such, there is no wider risk to members of the public.

“Officers will remain in West Cowick over the coming days whilst we continue with our investigation, and a scene guard will remain in place. Please come to talk to us if you have any concerns, or information that may assist with our enquiries.”

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *