Woman, 22, killed by police car named

The woman who was hit and killed by a police car on Christmas Eve has now been named. Last night, Rachael Louise Moore, 22, was hit by a marked police car on Sheil Road in Kensington at around 8.10pm.

Emergency services were called to Sheil Road after the collision.

However, Rachael was confirmed as deceased at the scene.

In a heartbreaking tribute, the family said: “Rachael Louise Moore aged 22, cherished daughter of Alison and Ian, sister to Ben and much-loved granddaughter of Nana Sue. Partner to Jack and caring friend to many.

“She will be greatly missed by all those whose lives she touched.”

Detective Sergeant Kurt Timpson from the MATRIX Serious Collision Investigation Unit said: “Following the death of Rachael we are providing assistance to the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) which has launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding this incident.

“Our sincere and thoughts and condolences are with Rachael’s family who have been left devastated by this tragic incident. Specially trained family liaison officers are supporting them at this time.

“I would like to appeal to anyone who witnessed this incident to please make contact with us as we try to piece together the circumstances. I would also like to ask anyone who has CCTV, dashcam or smart doorbell footage that may help us to please get in touch. As is standard procedure the incident was referred to the IOPC. The family requests their privacy be respected at this time.”

Anyone who witnessed the collision or captured anything on CCTV or dashcam is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on (0151) 777 5747, by email at sciu@merseyside.police.uk or via @MerPolCC on Twitter or ‘Merseyside Police Contact Center ‘ on Facebook, with reference 857 of Saturday 24 December.

People at the scene recall seeing “a load of police” around the area, but were unsure of what had happened.

One person said: “It’s horrific. It’s Christmas Eve. Whatever it is looks bad. It’s heartbreaking.”

While another said that they had gone out for the evening and came back to see the cordon.

They said that they “dread to think what has happened. It’s so sad to see.”

Last night, there were reports of heavy police presence around the scene, with side streets blocked off, and dozens of police vehicles inside the cordon.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *